Jesus Came to Be With Us
Today we will finish our series on Why Jesus Came. Today’s final topic is: Jesus Came to Be With Us. A modified transcript of the podcast can also be accessed below.
III. Jesus Came to Be With Us(v. 23)
(23) Behold, a virgin shall be with child, and shall bring forth a son, and they shall call his name Emmanuel, which being interpreted is, God with us.
(6) For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given: and the government shall be upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called Wonderful, Counsellor, The mighty God, The everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace.
(7) Of the increase of his government and peace there shall be no end, upon the throne of David, and upon his kingdom, to order it, and to establish it with judgment and with justice from henceforth even for ever. The zeal of the LORD of hosts will perform this.
(15) If ye love me, keep my commandments.
(16) And I will pray the Father, and he shall give you another Comforter, that he may abide with you for ever;
(17) Even the Spirit of truth; whom the world cannot receive, because it seeth him not, neither knoweth him: but ye know him; for he dwelleth with you, and shall be in you.
(18) I will not leave you comfortless: I will come to you.
1 John 4:14-15
(14) And we have seen and do testify that the Father sent the Son to be the Saviour of the world.
(15) Whosoever shall confess that Jesus is the Son of God, God dwelleth in him, and he in God.
God wants to save you today, and wants you to walk with Him forever and ever, both on this Earth and for all of eternity. Will you look unto Jesus this morning, as we reflect on his birth and the reason why he came in the world: to not only fulfill prophecy, but to save sinners, and not only to save sinners but to dwell in those who are saved forever more and one day live eternally with Him. If you’re not 100 percent sure you’re saved today, would you come to Him this morning and ask Him to save your soul? I am praying that you will.