Jesus Came to Save Sinners
Below is the podcast for today’s topic: Jesus Came to Save Sinners. A modified transcript of the podcast can also be accessed below.
Secondly, the most important reason why Jesus Christ came into the world was:
- To Save Sinners (for he shall save his people from their sins)
(21) And she shall bring forth a son, and thou shalt call his name JESUS: for he shall save his people from their sins.
(21) Tell ye, and bring them near; yea, let them take counsel together: who hath declared this from ancient time? who hath told it from that time? have not I the LORD? and there is no God else beside me; a just God and a Saviour; there is none beside me.
(22) Look unto me, and be ye saved, all the ends of the earth: for I am God, and there is none else.
(6) In his days Judah shall be saved, and Israel shall dwell safely: and this is his name whereby he shall be called, THE LORD OUR RIGHTEOUSNESS.
(29) The next day John seeth Jesus coming unto him, and saith, Behold the Lamb of God, which taketh away the sin of the world.
(12) Neither is there salvation in any other: for there is none other name under heaven given among men, whereby we must be saved.
(10) For the Son of man is come to seek and to save that which was lost.
1 Timothy 1:15
(15) This is a faithful saying, and worthy of all acceptation, that Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners; of whom I am chief.
Based on these verses, there is no doubt that Jesus Christ came into the world to save sinners. He was born to die on Calvary’s Cross to pay for the sins of the whole world, so that you and I might have a home in Heaven.
(36) Jesus answered, My kingdom is not of this world: if my kingdom were of this world, then would my servants fight, that I should not be delivered to the Jews: but now is my kingdom not from hence.
(37) Pilate therefore said unto him, Art thou a king then? Jesus answered, Thou sayest that I am a king. To this end was I born, and for this cause came I into the world, that I should bear witness unto the truth. Every one that is of the truth heareth my voice.
The truth is that Jesus is truth! He said in John 14:6,
(6) Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.”
(32) And ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free.